Gaithersburg Psychiatric Services
Treatment in a Safe, Welcoming, and Confidential Environment.
What An Integrative Psychiatrist Can Do For You
Mental health is a critical component of overall health and well-being. Unfortunately, too often mental health concerns are left untreated or undertreated. This can lead to a number of negative consequences, including decreased quality of life, strained relationships, and even suicide.
If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental illness, it is important to seek out appropriate psychiatric care in Gaithersburg MD. Meadows Psychiatry offers several excellent treatment options for those in need of psychiatric care.
What is Psychiatric Care?
Psychiatry care is the medical evaluation, treatment, and monitoring of psychological disorders. Psychiatrists are medical doctors with the skills to diagnose both physical and mental problems related to their disorders. In addition, they may prescribe medication if necessary.
The mental health professional will provide counseling alongside managing your condition so you can live a healthy and active lifestyle.
You’ll be pleased to note that Dr. Wu is an American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry Certified Psychiatrist, with vast extensive experience in treating adults, teens, and children with mental health conditions.
Dr. Wu has had success in treating a wide range of mental disorders. Despite being adept in psychopharmacology, he’s passionate about staying up to date on advances in psychiatric medication to ensure Meadows Psychiatry delivers mental health services with a difference.
What is a Psychiatric Evaluation?
Psychiatric evaluation is a tool used to diagnose issues with the thought process, behaviors, and memory. It can pick up on alcohol addiction, anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, attention deficit disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and insomnia. The goal of the evaluation is to:
- Understand your past experiences, current concerns, and family history
- Include the patient in the decision-making for treatment plans
- Rule out any other physical condition or illness that could be causing the symptoms
- Identify issues that could emerge later
- Confirm diagnosis of mental disorders that needs a psychiatrist
The duration of each evaluation varies for each person. The amount of information an individual provides determines how long the assessment takes. Usually, it lasts between 30 and 90 minutes.
When Do You Need Psychiatric Assessment?
You can schedule an in-person appointment with Meadows Psychiatry if you feel your mental health is deteriorating. If you notice any of the signs below, you need a clinical assessment to help put you in a personalized treatment plan.
- Unexplained physical symptoms – The body and mind are connected. An illness in one leads to symptoms affecting the other. If you have a variety of symptoms, you can’t explain including stomach problems, fatigue, or headaches, an assessment will help you get a clearer picture.
- You have suicidal thoughts – Often, suicidal thoughts are signs of depression and other psychiatric conditions. Luckily, they are treatable, and you can return to enjoying your daily life.
- Have trouble remembering things – if you’re having a hard time concentrating or remembering things, it could be you have dementia, anxiety, depression, or a neurological issue. An evaluation will help you get to the root of the problem.
- Worsening mental health symptoms – if you’ve had a mental health evaluation in the past. Still, if your symptoms have worsened or new symptoms have popped up, another evaluation is recommended to understand current concerns.
- Your treatment isn’t working – if you were diagnosed and put on a treatment plan, but the medication isn’t working as expected, Dr. Wu can give a second opinion. With his expertise in psychopharmacology, you are guaranteed effective treatment. He blends behavioral therapy and medication management to optimize positive results.
Psychiatric treatment for behavioral and mental disorders vary depending on one’s condition. The treatment may include one or a combination of the following:
- Group or individual therapy
- Alternative and integrative medicine
- Behavior therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Educational services
Get Assessed, Diagnosed, and Treated By a Board Certified Psychiatrist
Positive mental health contributes to an enjoyable life in multiple ways. As such, you should make it a priority every day. Contact Meadows Psychiatry LLC for excellent psychiatric services in Gaithersburg if you notice mental illness symptoms or a friend points it out.
Dr. Wu has vast clinical experience and takes individualized approaches to mental health issues. With comprehensive care, you should return to your normal self in no time.