Potomac Psychiatric Services
Treatment in a Safe, Welcoming, and Confidential Environment.
Mental health disorders are among the most common illnesses in the U.S., affecting 1 in 5 adults and 1 in 10 children. Unfortunately, many people with mental health disorders do not receive treatment. This can be due to a lack of awareness or understanding of psychiatric conditions, insurance coverage issues, or the availability of qualified mental health providers.
However, there are many effective treatments for mental health issues. And with the right care and support, people with mental illnesses can lead healthy and productive lives.
If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental illness, please seek help from Dr. Wu of Meadows Psychiatry. He is a board-certified psychiatrist with vast experience in dealing with adult, children, and adolescent patients.
Psychiatric Services from Meadows Psychiatry LLC by Dr. Richard Wu
Meadows Psychiatry provides takes a holistic treatment approach to increase the chances of treatment success. Some of the psychiatric services offered for substance abuse, depression, ADHD, insomnia, anxiety disorder, and bipolar disorder include:
- Consultation – If a patient has been diagnosed with a non-psychotic mental health condition, they may get a prescription for psychiatric medications or psychotherapy. However, if a patient does not have any mental disorder but is experiencing symptoms, then diagnostic testing, including lab work is performed before treatment can begin.
- Psychopharmacology – Dr. Wu is trained in clinical psychopharmacology, a specialty field focusing on the study and use of medication and conventional psychological intervention to treat mental disorders. Some patients get better with medication alone, but others need a combination of medication management and other treatments like cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Psychiatric Care for Children – When it comes to child & adolescent psychiatry, early diagnosis and intervention are key. Mental health disorders in children can be treated if they are caught early but left untreated they can lead to lifelong problems. Parents need to be aware of the signs and symptoms of mental health disorders in their children and seek help if they think something may be wrong. Dr. Wu provides a supportive and safe environment for kids and adolescents seeking mental health services. This improves their chances of recovery. He also offers family therapy and parent coaching to avoid re-occurrence.
- Psychiatric Care for Adults – whether it’s a depressive disorder or a personality disorder, Meadows Psychiatry can help. Our adult care program involves an initial assessment to determine the problem and then creating an individualized treatment plan to work through the symptoms and emotional pain.
Warning Signs of Mental Health Challenges
Early detection and treatment positively affect the outcome. Some of the signs to look out for include the following:
- Feeling down or sad for extended periods without tangible reasons
- Sudden mood swings from high to very low
- Excessive worrying about an incident or event
- Feeling empty about some aspects of life
- Outbursts of violence, hostility, or anger
- Suicidal behaviors or thoughts
- Gaps in memory
- Withdrawing from family, friends, or social activities you enjoyed
- Having hallucinations or delusions
- Sudden nausea and sweating, increased heartbeat rate, and trouble breathing
- Little or too much sleep
- Feeling fatigued even after getting sufficient sleep
- Changes in your sex drive
- Changes in your eating behavior
Contact Meadows Psychiatry for Treatment
Meadows Psychiatry is one of the most comprehensive psychiatric care providers in Potomac MD. We offer a wide range of services to meet your needs. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms we have discussed, please do not hesitate to call Meadows Psychiatry. We can help you feel better and improve your quality of life.
Dr. Richard Wu is dedicated to providing excellent care for all our patients, so please don’t suffer in silence – call us today!